About the Role
AOOA is seeking a reliable, friendly and hardworking prep/line cook for our Farm Stand. You will play a vital role in supporting the smooth operation of our farm stand by preparing and organizing ingredients for various food items. Your primary responsibility will be to assist in the preparation of the farm stand menu items using ingredients sourced directly from our farm.
The ideal candidate has an interest in food and/or farming, has 3-5 years kitchen experience and will be able to work well in a team environment. This is a seasonal part-time position, with shifts available on Wednesdays through Sundays. Job starts immediately and runs until November 19, 2023. Compensation is $16-20/hour and is dependent on experience.
Benefits include PTO and sick days according to NYS standards, and a farm goods discount of 30% on most purchases.
● High school diploma or equivalent
● Previous experience in customer service and food service
● Ability to work well in a team environment
● Strong communication and interpersonal skills. English required to ensure orders are expedited correctly.
● Ability to stand for extended periods of time and lift up to 40 pounds
● Team oriented; willing to give extra effort to help others
● Excellent time management and strong sense of pace and urgency
● Positive attitude and solution-oriented
● Have reliable transportation
Duties & Responsibilities
● Follow recipes and work closely with farm stand chef
● Prepare and serve food and drinks with care and attention to detail
● Wash, chop, and dice vegetables, fruits, and herbs.
● Prepare sauces, dressings, batters, doughs, desserts etc. as required.
● Present, garnish and arrange final dishes
● Ensure accuracy in measuring ingredients and maintaining consistency in taste and presentation.
● Properly use and maintain kitchen equipment, such as knives, mixers, blenders, and food processors.
● Set up and break down work stations
● Handle and store ingredients and food
● Maintain food safety and sanitation standards
● Stocks shelves, coolers, and freezers as needed
● Communicate effectively to coordinate tasks and maintain a harmonious working environment
Please send a resume and letter of interest in PDF format only explaining your fit for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org.