About the Role
AOOA is seeing a reliable and friendly Farm Stand Team Member to work in our Farm Stand. Team Members are responsible for taking orders, preparing and serving food and drinks, and maintaining a clean and organized workspace. Team Members also handle the set up and break down of on-site events, workshops, and tours. Responsibilities may also include working workshops or events in a server capacity.
The ideal candidate has an interest in food and/or farming, will have experience in customer service and food service, and will be able to work well in a team environment. To be successful in this role, you should have excellent customer service skills and a friendly, outgoing personality. This is a part-time position, with shifts available on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays - with the possibility of additional weekdays - from April 1, 2023 - November 19, 2023. Compensation is $20 per hour.
Benefits include PTO and sick days according to NYS standards, and farm goods discount of 30%.
● High school diploma or equivalent
● Previous experience in customer service and food service
● Ability to work well in a team environment
● Strong communication and interpersonal skills. English required to ensure orders are expedited correctly.
● Ability to stand for extended periods of time and lift up to 40 pounds
● Team oriented; willing to give extra effort to help others
● Excellent time management and strong sense of pace and urgency
● Positive attitude and solution-oriented
● Have reliable transportation
Duties & Responsibilities
● Provide excellent customer service to farm stand patrons
● Take orders, serve food and drinks
● Payment processing - handle cash and credit card transactions accurately
● Prepare and serve food and drinks with care and attention to detail
● Assist with inventory management and ordering of supplies as needed
● Stocks shelves, coolers, and freezers as needed
● Work as a team to maintain clean farm stand and dining areas
● Check in guests in for workshops, tours, and events
● Set up and break down for workshops, tours, and events
● Assist with execution of event and workshops as needed