About the Role
We are seeking a part-time cook to join our team 2-3 days per week. This is a daytime shift at our Farm Stand where you will help turn the harvest from our regenerative silvopasture farm into seasonally-inspired delectable eats for our visitors!
The ideal candidate has at least 1-2 years of professional cooking experience, is committed to and inspired by our “Good Food is for Everyone” values, and possesses a deep understanding of ServSafe standards and efficient quantity foods preparation. We value passion for food, agriculture, and hospitality above all else so we encourage all interested candidates to apply, even if exact requirements are not met.
While there is some flexibility to the schedule, we do require weekly availability Wednesdays and Thursdays and occasional weekends. For the right candidate, there's room to grow into a full-time position if desired.
● Passionate about food and cooking, with an emphasis on farm-to-table
● Inspired by working on a regenerative farm
● Team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
● Experience in quantity foods preparation, preservation techniques, and baking
● Able to follow and carry-out to completion in a consistent manner detailed directions, instructions, and recipes
● Certification in food handling by start date (ServSafe or Sodexo)
● Assures that all food items are handled properly to ensure safety and sanitation standards according to State and Federal regulations
● Pays special attention to speed, cleanliness, organization
● Able to lift 35 lbs and remain standing for long periods of time
● Be reliable and on-time for every shift
Duties & Responsibilities
Primary responsibilities include food preparation (savory, sweet, baking, preservation), packaging, kitchen organization, and cleanliness, in addition to other duties as assigned by the Culinary Director. As a small but growing team, this position is a unique and exciting opportunity to join our farm and food programming in its early stages, and create a meaningful impact for years to come.
Please email your resume and a brief cover letter telling us about yourself and your interest in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org.